so it turns out BACK TO SCHOOL was not a bad event. Jean u did a great job organising it. =)
honestly i wasn't very hyped up about the event. don't know why also. But i really liked the whole event all in all, esp five stones and Kelvin's sharing. I like his forthrightness and the way he is as a person. What he shared about the Stockdale Paradox got me thinking. How true it indeed is that a brutal admission of our crappy situation, when mixed with just a hope/assurance that things will turn out right will help us cope better with the shit we're going through. The bible says that hope does not disappoint. and i guess it's this hope that i need more of so i can continue searching for who I am in Christ and what I am destined for. I love today because God used something i was abit dreadful of to brighten up my day.
I love today because i went to raffles city with yuhao and window shopped at high-end brands like Kate Spade, Agnes B and the likes. And through it all, I somehow know that I'm gonna lead a prosperous life in future and that I'm blessed enough already with the bright prospects of a career possibly in the PR industry or the airline industry. Somehow today seems like a right day to say some stufff i've always kept in my heart.
Yuhao, thanks for being who you are and always having big dreams. I know you've worked hard to be an officer partially because of me and that you're having great plans for your future because you want to eventually provide for me with the best there is. I've been very touched with all the assurances and promises you give me because i know you are the kind that will achieve what you've set your heart to do. Come what may, lets put more or in fact ALL of our trust in God and follow His leading k.
On to the next thing that made me love today. I met up with my JC DARLINGS! Went to timbre to watch/listen to RARA sing. Like Chen Yu said RARA indeed is our number one IDOL! RARA said she missed having me around which made me melt totally bcos i do miss all of them girls too! MER the leader, JOCE the domineering one, CHEN the unique beyond description one, DO the loyal friend and of cos RA the cool one! again quoting CHEN, its really good that we're still together even till now like 2 years after AJ,Ohana, Goodnews cafe. Linking back to what Kelvin said during cell, there certainly is a reason why we're placed where we are. And one of the things I thank God for placing me in AJ is because i got to know you crazy girls who's just always turning my life upside down in a good way. LOVE YOU BABIES TO BITS! (photos will be up once mer uploads them =D)
Today made me realize that my life back at AJ was not as bad as i sometimes make it out to be. Because i remember how I managed to do many things during those two years. Leading PUMA house, hurdling, cheerleading, interhouse drama, emceeing AJ IDOL. I do hope that as a house captain i did manage to make a difference to the lives of my PUMArians. Ah ha. I see the link now. AJ was in fact the place i did my first drama performance, emceed my first event. hmm.. i guess my search for purpose and identity would not be complete without my life in AJ. God, you truly work things in very complex ways such that Your creation only see reason on hindsight.
No comments:
Post a Comment