Thursday, January 25, 2018

2018 Post #1

What are you reading? 

I've developed a not-so-good habit of reading a few books at the same time - resulting in my inability to finish those books within the time I should take to finish them. 

Currently on:

And the mountains echoed by Khaled Hosseini
The creative habit by Twyla Tharp
Generous Justice by Timothy Keller
The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama 

I will not pretend that I don't have at least 10 other books I've been meaning to read since 2017 began... >_< 

I need me a reading holiday. Or I just need to be more disciplined in my usage of time. Yes to the latter and the former god-willing. 

Sharing two quotes about our creative DNA from Twyla Tharp that resonated from The Creative Habit: 

I believe that we all have strands of creative code hard-wired into our imaginations. 

In many ways, that’s why art historians and literature professors and critics of all kinds have jobs: to pinpoint the artist’s DNA and explain to the rest of us whether the artist is being true to it in his or her work. I call it DNA; you may think of it as your creative hard-wiring or personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment