Tuesday, February 18, 2014

60 days to....

SYDNEY!




I can't wait!!!

It'd be my first time to Australia. And I'm flying solo... Whee...

I haven't so much as allowed myself to take any holiday since last march when I took an extended break. Not that I need a holiday every 3 months. Once a year is perfectly good enough for me. In the past 6 months I only took a day of leave. I'm honestly quite proud of myself for that.

So lately I've been reflecting upon my 2.5 decades of living and realizing I'm still so young & there's so much out possibilities there in the world waiting for me. My circumstances may not be perfect, but a lot of good things have happened in my life. I have people around me who love me enough to accept my flaws & have offered me the great gift of forgiveness or forbearance and friendship. I always think to myself, I really don't deserve all these.

I started my year by giving some friends a thanksgiving journal. I made myself one and started a nightly habit of writing down what I'm thankful for each day. Being someone who is inclined to worrying too much, this has helped me appreciate the little things in life and opened my eyes to see just how blessed I am.



"A devout life does not bring wealth, but the rich simplicity of being yourself before God. Since we entered this world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that's enough." 

1 Tim 6:6-8 (MSG) 


No comments:

Post a Comment