And here comes my first ski experience! whee!
I felt like I was an astronaut in those shoes! Quite uncomfortable shoes.
Rode the cable car up to the snow mountains!
And here we are, at the ski-ing "village"!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother!
It was the final two weeks of ski season, so the snow wasn't very thick. It was quite slushy.
Not exactly perfect ski-ing conditions. Not that I'm pro enough to complain.
Lesson in progress. We were taught the basics of how to ski and tried it out at a bunny slope. The tiring thing is, after ski-ing down, you have to climb the slope up to start again. Hard to climb up with the skis on, but heavy to climb carrying them. I chose to carry them. Cos I kept sliding down while trying to sidestep up.
The very focused me.
After diligently practicing countless times on the bunny slope, it was time to rest. My bro already decided to rest a long time ago & my sis joined in not long after. My SIL, on the other hand, was having a whale of a time, ski-ing at the advanced slopes!
The garlic fries are out of this world. I can't forget just how crunchy it was and how the garlic flavor exploded in your mouth when you take the first bite. i miss this.
With my SIL, who absolutely loves skiing. That might be an understatement.
Here's one for keeps. A picture of me looking the sportiest ever.
After food, I went on to continue practising at the bunny slope. I am one diligent learner. Both my bro & sis continue to lounge at the resting area. My bro even took a long nap. He was a dragon boater, he'd have preferred if the snow melted.
After awhile, I got really bored & sian of climbing up the bunny slope & skiing down in a matter of seconds. And I got ambitious as I looked at the actual Beginner's slope "BIG & EASY", which you actually have to take the open-up sky lift up the slope to ski down (means don't need to walk up the slope like I was doing). I quickly whatsapp my SIL & asked her if she could chaperone me up & give me some moral support. And she swooshed down from the more advanced slope to accompany me almost immediately!
Boarding this sky lift, was quite fun. You have to wear your ski and stand in front of the lift & it scoops you off your butt. Quite exciting. HAHA. And ski's up on the ride!
My sis managed to snap some shots of us by zooming in all the way from where she was sitting.
That's us taking pictures of each other! HAHA.
This was the picture I was seen taking:
And whee!!! I'm on the Big & Easy which is very fun & a little challenging in that cos it's much steeper than the bunny slope, the speed also increases as you go down & have to control and time the turns accurately. I fell once on my first try to avoid accelerating into a ditch cos I didn't turn early enough. But it was so fun!!! I loved it!
My very encouraging & supportive SIL watching over me! By the time I did my first try it was quite late and the ski village would close in an hour or so. So I only went once more. Wish I had time to go a few more times.
Nonetheless, I'm very proud of myself for advancing beyond the bunny slope!
Here's a low-res video of me skiing down part of the Big & Easy! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment